- Information We Collect
- Information Collected From You
The following are additional situations in which you may provide your information to us:
- When you fill out forms or fields to purchase or use of our products or Services; such as name, delivery address, billing address and contact details like your phone number and email address, register your Revolution Robotics ID (if any) with the order and your order history;
- When we fulfill and manage your order, including sharing your personal information with our trusted third party partners providing us with warehousing, packing, shipping and delivery services, fraud detection and prevention services and debt collection services and our cloud service partners;
- When you sign up for any newsletters or other materials;
- When you provide information to us through a third-party application or website;
- When you communicate with us or request information about us or our products or Services, whether via email or other means, including contacting our support team;
- When you participate in online surveys;
- When you participate in any of our marketing initiatives, including, competitions, events, or promotions; and
- When you register and/or participate in online forums (such as discordapp.com), reviews or provide user generated content or submissions.
We also automatically collect non-personal information from your browser, computer, or mobile device when you use the App or Website through the use of various technologies, including cookies and pixel tags. We may collect IP address, browsing behavior, log data and device IDs. This information is used by us in order to enable us to better understand how our Services/ products are being used by visitors and allows us to administer and customize the Services/ products to improve your overall experience. We may aggregate information from the user of the Website, App, such as demographic statistics of our users (e.g. average age or geographical allocation of our users), number of visitors and average time spent on the Website, App, which will also be considered as non-personal information.
- Data Collection From Our Channel Partners
When you visit our online channel partners, we may receive information from such channel partners, and also via third parties when you visit our page on social media sites (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, WeChat). When you’re visiting any of these online channels/sites, our partners may collect:
- Registration information that we use to help you set up an account (e.g. your name, country, gender, date of birth, email address, username and password).
- Payment or transactional information that we use when you buy products or use online services (e.g. postal address, phone number or credit card number).
- Location information or your IP Address that we use to give you relevant online content.
- Information you’ve shared publicly on our forums (such as com).
- Information you’ve sent to an individual or group using our messaging, chat or post services
- Information you provide when you use our own online channels or third-party channels (such as social networks).
If you’re using our Services through a third-party channel like social media, your information may also be processed by that third-party according to their own privacy processes.
- Device Information
When you access our Services by or through a mobile device or any desktop or handheld device, we may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of device you use, your device unique ID, the IP address of your device, your operating system, the type of Internet browser you use and other statistics.
- Usage, Behavior and Preference Information
- Why we need to collect and process information
As we offer our products directly to our end users and our products offer many different experiences, we need to collect and process information, so that:
- Users can buy products from our online Revolution Robotics Foundation Shop and have them delivered where they want;
- Users are able register for any accounts and services they want to use;
- Users can use the online and offline Revolution Robotics Foundation experiences we’ve created for them;
- Users can share information on our public forums;
- We can send users any information they’ve asked us for or answer their questions;
- We can ask users to give us feedback on our Services through questionnaires and surveys; or
- We can provide our users with relevant marketing information about our products.
- Sharing of Information
- with third party service providers to enable them to provide the Services you request, such as channel partners, App developers, analytics;
- with the general public if you submit content in a public forum (such ascom, or social media website such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram), for reviews, comments, social media posts, or with other features of our Services that are viewable by the general public; and
- with third parties with whom you choose to let us share information, for example other apps or websites that integrate with our API or Services, or those with an API or services with which we integrate.
- We may disclose your Information:
- To any person who, in our reasonable judgment, is authorized to receive your information as your agent, including as a result of your business dealings with that person (for example, your attorney);
- To our third-party vendors and service providers so that they may provide support for our internal and business operations, including handling of data processing, data verification, data storage, surveys, research, internal marketing, delivery of promotional, marketing and transaction materials, and our Services maintenance and security. These companies are authorized to use your information only as necessary to provide these services to us and are contractually obligated to keep your information confidential;
- As required by law or ordered by a court, regulatory, or administrative agency;
- As we deem necessary, in our sole discretion, if we believe that you are violating any applicable law, rule or regulation, or are otherwise interfering with another's rights or property, including, without limitation, our rights or property;
- If requested by authorities in the event of any act of terrorism or instance of local, regional or national emergency;
- To enforce or protect our rights.
- Service Providers
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Services, to provide the Services on our behalf, to perform Services-related services and/or to assist us in analyzing how our Services is used. These third parties have access to your information only to perform specific tasks for the purpose of providing the Services.
We may access, read, preserve, and disclose any information that we reasonably believe is necessary to comply with law or court order; or protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our employees, our users, or others.
- Social Sharing Features
Our Services may integrate with social sharing features and other related tools which let you share actions you take on our Services with other App, sites, or media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the social sharing service. Please refer to the privacy policies of those social sharing services for more information about how they handle the data you provide to or share through them.
Any information or content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to the Services or through our partners becomes available to the public, as controlled by any applicable privacy settings that you set. If you remove information that you posted to the Services or through our partners, copies may still remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Services or with our partners.
- Analytics and Advertising Services Provided By Others
- Links to Third-Party Websites
- Business Transfers and Corporate Changes
We may share information with our subsequent owner, co-owner, or operator of one or more of the Services; or in connection with (including, without limitation, during the negotiation or due diligence process of) a corporate merger, consolidation, or restructuring; the sale of substantially all of our stock and/or assets; financing, acquisition, divestiture, or dissolution of all or a portion of our business; or other corporate change.
- Sharing Your Revolution Robotics Foundation ID
- How Long We Retain Your Information
We generally retain your information as long as reasonably necessary to provide you the Services or to comply with applicable law. We can retain copies of information about you and any transactions or Services in which you may have participated for a period of time that is consistent with applicable law, applicable statute of limitations or as we believe is reasonably necessary to comply with applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request, to detect or prevent fraud, to collect fees owed, to resolve disputes, to address problems with our Services, to assist with investigations, or to take any other actions consistent with applicable law.
- Storage and Processing
We may use third-party service providers (such as Firebase) to, process and store your information in the United States, Canada, Japan, the European Union and other jurisdictions.
Cookies are small data files that your browser places on your computer or device. A cookie itself does not contain or collect information. However, when it is read by a server via a web browser it can help a website deliver a more user-friendly service – for example, remembering previous purchases or account details. Like most websites, our Website, online channels and App collect some information (e.g. information on IP addresses, browsers, internet service providers, referring pages, exit pages, operating systems, date stamps, time stamps and clickstream data). Both we and our third-party tracking utility partners use browser storage, app storage, cookies, pixels, beacons, scripts and tags to analyze trends, administer the site, track user movement through the site and collect demographic information about our overall user base. We may receive reports on these from our third-party tracking utility partners on an individual and aggregate basis.
- Keeping children safe online
We are committed to making sure children are safe online and have privacy processes in place to make sure we’re keeping our young users safe when they’re using our product, Services and partner channels. We also take all reasonable care to ensure that we don’t knowingly collect, store, use or process personal information from children who may use those features without proper parental consent.
We follow all relevant laws for children aged under age 13 when it comes to personal data.
When we do process personal information from children, we take extra steps to protect their privacy including:
- Making sure we tell parents what personal information we collect, store, use and process from their child and explaining whether we share the information
- Meeting legal requirements by asking for parental consent to collect, use and process a child’s data and asking for consent to send their children information about our products and services
- Limiting how we collect, store, use and process personal information from children so only data that is reasonably needed for them to take part in an online activity is collected
- Giving parents access or the option to ask for access to personal information we’ve collected from their child – parents can also ask for their children’s personal information to be changed or deleted
- Collecting and using children’s information
Our Website, channels and App may be used by children for the purpose of exploring, discovering, learning about our products/Services. Whenever we collect personal information from a child, we only keep the information for the time we need it to provide a service or for the time it’s legally required to be kept on record. Where personal information is needed for features to function, we’ll only ask for information that is reasonably required to take part in the activity.
Here are some examples of times when we may collect children’s data:
- When children visit our Website, use our App or register online
Children can visit our Website or use our App to access a variety of Services/products, including its viewable content and competitions. During such access we collect the default Firebase Analytics data, such as gender, year of birth, age bracket, country, and device information.
- When children share content they’ve created themselves
Our Website may allow children to create, upload or use content themselves, such as sharing images of our assembled product, drawings, robot picture, configurations, programs and videos of our products as part of a competition or otherwise. Since only some of these features require personal information from the child, not all activities require consent from a parent or guardian.
- When children receive push notifications
Our App may send users ‘push notifications’ to their mobile phones or devices to tell them about updates (sometimes even when the app is not in use). Our apps are designed to be used by children as part of our product. If you would like your child to stop receiving push notifications from App, you can change the settings on the device your child’s using at any time.
- When we collect location information
Our Website, channels and App are designed for use by adults and children. Our Website, channels and App may collection location information from where your child is accessing our Services. If you would like to stop us collecting this type of location information, you can adjust the settings on the device your child is using at any time.
- What if we accidentally collect children’s data.
If we discover that we’ve unintentionally collected information from a child in a way that doesn’t meet Children's Online Privacy Protection Rule (“COPPA”) requirements, we will delete the information immediately.
- Parental choices and controls
At any time, parents or guardians can refuse to allow us to use and collect further personal information from their child. Parents or guardians can ask us to delete the personal information we have collected in connection with their child’s account from our records. As personal information is required for some services, deleting a child’s records may result in an account, or service being unavailable to the child in future. If a child has a registered Revolution Robotics Foundation ID, parents or guardians can access, change or delete the personal information we’ve collected from their child by using their child’s username and password to log into their child’s Revolution Robotics Foundation ID account
If you’d prefer to contact us, please let us know your child’s username along with your own telephone number and email address. We’ll need to confirm your identity as the parent or guardian of the child before granting access to the child’s personal information. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
- Our employees
- Revolution Robotics Foundation Partners
We define Revolution Robotics Foundation Partners as other companies doing business with the Revolution Robotics Foundation. We process information on our Revolution Robotics Foundation Partner companies for collaboration and evaluation purposes.
- Data security and integrity
The security, integrity and confidentiality of your information is extremely important to us. Our data security and integrity partner: https://firebase.google.com/ uses technical, administrative and physical security measures to protect your information from unauthorized access, disclosure, use and modification.
We, through our partners, strive to implement and maintain reasonable, industry-standard secure storage technologies and commercially acceptable security procedures and practices appropriate to the information we store, in order to protect it from unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification, or disclosure. However, we cannot ensure or warrant 100% security of any information you provide to us or guarantee that information on the Services may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by unauthorized persons or hardware or software failure. Further, please be aware that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and we are unable to guarantee the absolute security of the information we have collected from you.
Our users, employees and partners also play an important role in protecting information. We encourage users to choose passwords that are difficult for others to guess and to keep their personal passwords secret.
Should you notice any flaws or concerns in our security, please contact our Revolution Robotics Foundation Customer Service team at email@example.com as soon as possible.
If we ever experience a data breach in which customer information is at risk of being misused, we’ll contact user according to legal requirements. If necessary, we’ll also contact data protection authorities.
- Data transfers, storage and processing globally
We will make sure we, as a minimum, use the standards of data privacy and security that follows from the European General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) anywhere in the world where we collect, store, use or share your personal data. Where your local rules require more from us than that, we will adjust our practice to make sure your data is safe with us no matter where in the world you are! These rules are set by European data authorities across the European Union (EU) and set the some of the highest standards in the world on data collection, storage, use and sharing.
- Notice to California Residents
- How to contact us